Effective August 10, 2012
1) Who We Are.
Welcome to Bible GT, an application and website produced by The Bible Works (hereafter "Scripture Network"), a (501c3) nonprofit organization based in Los Gatos, California, USA, doing business as Scripture Network.
The terms "we" and "us" as used herein refer to Scripture Network. The terms "you" and "User" as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing Bible GT for any reason.
a) The posting of the changes or new terms on Bible GT;
b) The distribution via electronic mail of the changes or new terms; or
c) The distribution by conventional mail of the changes of new terms.
It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly. To report violations of the Agreement or to ask questions, contact legal@BibleGT.org
5) Content and Restrictions.
Bible GT contains information, text, files, images, works of authority, and any other materials or content "Bible GT content." Bible GT content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws. We own and retain all rights in the Bible GT software and content. We grant you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to use Bible GT software to access and display the Bible GT content (excluding any software code), which is intended for your personal use.
Except as explicitly and expressly permitted by us, you are strictly prohibited from creating works or materials that derive from or are based on the design elements, branding, and trade dress of Bible GT.
Bible GT also contains content of Licensors. Specifically, Bible GT displays numerous copyrighted bible versions (e.g. NIV, NASB, ESV). These materials are protected by copyright law. Each copyrighted bible version is owned by its owner. You agree you will not copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, upload, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, retransmit, distribute, perform, display, sell or otherwise use of these copyrighted works without prior approval of owner of the copyrighted material. We provide links to the version publishers within Bible GT.
You are responsible for your own content that you enter using Bible GT. You grant us permission to show such content, in accordance with the privacy options you have chosen. You have the option for, and are responsible for, using the "download" feature to maintain your own backups, if you choose. We exert our best efforts to backup all user content automatically, yet make no guarantee regarding failsafe protection of user-generated content.
We reserve the right to cancel your right to use Bible GT at any time without notice or cause.
We reserve the right to discontinue features or content at any time without notice or cause.
WE PROVIDE BIBLE GT ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF BIBLE GT OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE WEBSITE OR APPLICATION. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF BIBLE GT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
8) Applicable Law.
The laws of the state of California will govern these disclaimers, terms, conditions, and notices.
Bible GT may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for either the privacy practices or content of such websites.
12) Notice and Procedures for Making Claims of Copyright or Other Intellectual Property Infringements
We respect the intellectual property of others and take the protection of copyrights and all other intellectual property very seriously, and we ask our users to do the same. We therefore employ measures to prevent copyright and other intellectual property infringement in Bible GT. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), if you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright or other intellectual property infringement, please send a written notification to the following Designated Agent:
Peter Coad: legal@BibleGT.org
Under Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A), to be effective the notification must include substantially the following information:
• A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly infringed:
• Identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed, or if multitude copyrighted works or other intellectual property on Bible GT are covered by the notice, a representative list of such works;
• Identification of the material that you claim is infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address;
• A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement by you that the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright or other intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or other intellectual property owner's behalf.